Changes to NTW3 v6.0 that will improve gameplay

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Lord Lancier

Re: Changes to NTW3 v6.0 that will improve gameplay

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat May 21, 2016 7:45 am

NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:01 pm

The NTW3 v60 mod will include new Regimental mod

This sounds very interesting, is there any other info about this yet - that I may have missed somewhere else on the forum ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sun May 22, 2016 2:45 pm

After a few test runs on v6 beta here are my initial observations though its hard to get a 'feel' for how the ingame mechanics are effecting moral/volley fire/cav efficiency etc as I'm testing against AI.......

before I start waffling I think the Lordz collective are trying to give each army(certainly majors) their own individual feel and there are alot of changes.....some barely noticeable some very obvious??though only time playing the full v6 release will see how these changes have addressed the common problems with past versions

The game feels a tad slower? well infantry seem slower though cav and art feel the same as 5.1?

An interesting Instant square fix which may well work??? as most line infantry can no longer form squares I think only the Brits from their veteran line and above can now form squares and other nations can only form squares if elites or guards. I was told that even units that can form square does so at a cost?? I assume extra fatigue penalties??

After a few more battles I think this new square fix coupled with the cav changes may well improve many aspects of this mod? I was sceptical at first but the both combined seem to work.....Infantry is more at risk from Cav, Cav is now a precious commodity so you wont throw it recklessly at Art

some infantry are cheaper than 5.1 some are more expensive ie Brit veterans are now 500 and the French Swiss line are now only 400

Elites and guards are more expensive(10-20%)and have fewer units available(caps)

Cavalry units are all 10-20% smaller and more expensive....British light cav are now 37-42 strong, French are 42-47 strong,Brit Hvy cav are 72 and French Hvy cav are 72-82 strong

Heavy cav now does well vs Lt cav

Another advantage of smaller more expensive Light cav units is the fact that players will be very careful when thinking of attacking enemy Art??

Horse artillery is 20% more expensive Brit 6lb hrs art is 900 French equivalent is 880..... BUT horse batteries or galloper guns......now actually preform as they should with a needed speed boost in all aspects so even the fastest attacking players will have the required art support

Foot artillery again is a mixed bag with some batteries more expensive and some are cheaper than 5.1, But battery guns sizes have also changed ie Prussian 6lb foot is now 100 ish more expensive but has 4 guns....with a wide gun spacing.... the Russian 6lb foot is now 3 guns strong and costs 760

Hrs Howis are cheaper

Foot batteries still move faster than line regiments

cannister fire against opponents on a higher ground are still bugged I think

I'm uncertain about skirmishers atm more testing needed but they seem faster which suits

A nice inclusion is the different armies from the different years ie French 1811 which we are all used to are soon to be joined by the 1806 French army.....a different beast entirely, same with the Prussians,same with Saxony etc the Brits stay with one army as very little changed during that time line......

The Prussian army we are used to has changed alot more guns per battery, hardly any units can form square, but their musketry seems far better?? this is what the Lordz is after I guess with their unique feel for the majors???

All nations have new faction points with the 5 majors on 20 but my wonderful Dutch are now 15, the Turks are now 18.....Berg 7 Sardinia 6 Wuttemberg 14(not sure if this is a typo) Italy 16 Poland 17 etc etc

i believe there are at least 2 new maps also???

I'm unable to test the Regimental version atm but I like the sound of it......It will certainly suit Gunner 24 far mor than classic?
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 pm

lol, Wym, you have spoiled the surprise.
Anyway, this mod will be better off w/o square indeed.
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Hello wym :
I'm unable to test the Regimental version atm but I like the sound of it......It will certainly suit Gunner 24 far mor than classic?

I await your report with interest.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Chromey
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Chromey » Mon May 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Cannister elevation was capped in game to reduce the cannister range/sniping, it was intentional not a bug. I await this new version with open arms especially since Harout will only come back if there is a regimental version.
Death to Tyranny

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Mon May 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks for the update Wym. And thanks to the Lordz for their ongoing efforts to continue improving our favorite mod.

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Sun May 29, 2016 3:08 pm

After several more battle on v6 I am liking the changed game play as it certainly goes further than past versions in addressing some of the problems ingame.......though certain unit caps need addressing as they offer unlimited units, and artillery imo is over priced..... the 1806 builds are certainly interesting and when more early war OOB's are available players will probably need to change their game play style to use the early armies effectively.......roll on mid June????
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God they frighten me"

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Wym... » Mon May 30, 2016 1:52 pm

The French and Saxon 1806 OOB's are interesting esp the French build.........very strong atm and I love the 4lb Guard hrs battery and the very tough mid range infantry......thou even this tough infantry will suffer from enemy cav esp Hvy cav as most(if not all) cant form square??

The effectiveness of round shot esp against cavalry has also improved from v5.....so be careful when targeting enemy art with your cav......

Cant wait for full release now???

Wym...
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Changes to NTW3 vv6.0 that will improve gameplay

Postby Wym... » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:51 pm

After testing the latest v6 j7 lastnight in a 3v3 on Waterloo here's my initial observations.....

In our little Waterloo battle I've learnt that Artillery needs to be treated with real respect as round shot in particular is realistically effective......so targeting the enemies art with light cav needs real caution

Horse art and Foot art moves at a realistic pace

Fresh high quality heavy cavalry is very effective especially vs lt cav and tired heavy cav.......so husband it lads

Game speed especially on HB maps is noticeably slower than 5.1

The lack of squares for low/mid tier Infantry is a good addition

The 20+ HB scenarios are a brilliant addition(suit you Gunner) thou we need more options with various amount of players ie Waterloo in 3v4,3v3 even 2v3 etc thou I like the 1v4 lone wolf maps.....tough for the single player lol

We all need to play with this version for a fair while to get a real feel of the new version.....a different beast indeed

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Sounds very interesting, looks like ntw3 will have a good fresh start soon - but no mention of the RM ????
especially since Harout will only come back if there is a regimental version.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Sounds very interesting, looks like ntw3 will have a good fresh start soon - but no mention of the RM ????

It would be a phenomenal offering to include the Regimental mod with V6.0 in one easy download. This would create more interest throughout the TotalWar world and help to revitalize our community. The new units and beautiful uniforms are alone worth the effort to acquire this mod. The HB and sluggish old Gunner type players might also return to the fold. Although I have always preferred the Lordz "classic" versions over the additional mods, having this excellent Regimental mod that is tested and ready for release as an addition to the V6 download would be an exciting alternative and a brilliant marketing maneuver. Having "RM" as a convenient distraction also means I wont have to play Goat Simulator as a diversion to NTW3 V6.0. The truth is if Regimental is not included in the initial release then it will probably never be released, so it's now or never. This brilliant mod, representing a completely different scale, will be lost to the community forever.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:19 pm

The truth is if Regimental is not included in the initial release then it will probably never be released, so it's now or never.

hmm, lets hope for the best.

having this excellent Regimental mod that is tested and ready for release

Could it even be a "stand alone" type mod ?.....if not included in the new ntw3 upgrade ?.

This brilliant mod, representing a completely different scale, will be lost to the community forever.

That would seem rather strange, if it now exists, why not release it ?.

Thanks for the RM info Sloop.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:15 pm

[Awkward silence]

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:18 pm

[Awkward silence]

Extended awkward silence.......is it included in the new v6 release ?.

I see no mention of it in the notes, or did I miss something ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Lancier

Re: Changes to NTW3 v5.1 that will improve gameplay

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:26 pm

This is Cosak words with the release topic Gunner:
This is MP-only mod for now; SP campaign will be released in a later patch, such as other submods.

So seems RegMod work still in progress.

Lord Gunner24 wrote:
[Awkward silence]

Extended awkward silence.......is it included in the new v6 release ?.

I see no mention of it in the notes, or did I miss something ?.
NTW3 Ver. 5-(5.1)-6 (Jan 2015 – Nov 2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep 2009 – June 2013)

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Lord Lancier wrote:So seems RegMod work still in progress.

Had a chat with Lord Fullin last night, Regimental mod is almost complete, will be released with SPC & HB mods in v6.1 patch.
The MP mod was expanded and took a considerable amount of time to complete, so one step at a time :wink:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:52 am

That is inspiring news. Thank you Fullin, Davn & Cosak! With V6 an obvious success (my opinion) and the HB and Regimental fast on the way, we will soon be in NTW3 heaven!

Will we have a desktop icon with restore to vanilla? I ask because it is an important selling point to the vanilla newbs who fear they will not be able to return to their former pathetic vanilla lives.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:50 am

:wink:
Had a chat with Lord Fullin last night, Regimental mod is almost complete, will be released with SPC & HB mods in v6.1 patch.
The MP mod was expanded and took a considerable amount of time to complete, so one step at a time.

Sloop wrote:That is inspiring news. Thank you Fullin, Davn & Cosak! With V6 an obvious success (my opinion) and the HB and Regimental fast on the way, we will soon be in NTW3 heaven!

Will we have a desktop icon with restore to vanilla? I ask because it is an important selling point to the vanilla newb's who fear they will not be able to return to their former pathetic vanilla lives.

Yes that is the plan for the v6.1 patch.
We will ask Lord Desaix to reconfigure the desktop launcher to load the v6.1 MP mod patch (that will fix any issues with it) and the new Reg mod in place of the WitA mod. An updated version of the SPC and possibly HB mod will also be available.

I will also discuss with Lord Wesley about making a link to the Naval Action ~Age of Sail (that he helped test) in place of our NTW3 Naval mod. It has more advanced naval combat for our Napoleonic naval buffs: http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 am

Excellent news Davn. I suppose attention to Naval Action should be addressed although I despise that third world Warcrafting wannabe massively multiplayer online role-playing game because it demon possessed some of our best NTW3 friends. Yes the Naval battles are phenomenal and I partake on occasion, but I refuse to craft, guild, trade, or role play. Then again, better to adapt than become obsolete.

Lord CommodoreWesley
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord CommodoreWesley » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Well, to make a long story short, I could work on updating on my naval modification, but unfortunately I'm back in college writing papers, so I'm a bit too busy. Plus I had a virus and lost all of my modding tools and mods. Besides, I also don't know if anyone actually plays my modification for multiplayer.

However, if there is a significant enough interest in the naval battles for MP, it won't take much for me to get back into messing with those files when I can find a good afternoon or two.

I've also pretty much retired from playing Naval Action myself, I love the combat and the mechanics, but the online and open world part is so time consuming and bland that if you are not commanding fleets or have the biggest ships, it is just a grind fest. While it is naval combat, NTW's is more dependent off of tactics and formations rather than Naval Action being dictated by numbers.

However, I am looking forward for this update and I hope that it gets the popularity and support that it deserves.
~Commodore Wesley

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Lord CommodoreWesley wrote:I am looking forward for this update and I hope that it gets the popularity and support that it deserves.

The Lordz Modding Collective has always en devoured to give the TWC community a variety of quality mods to play. Your Naval was one of those quality NTW3 mods that was well received by players and we'll look forward to seeing your updates for it :wink:

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”