Uniform Question

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Churlish
Serf

Uniform Question

Postby Churlish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 am

As this is my first post let me say to the Lordz a genuine thank you for all the hard work and great mod. It is almost as if a tabletop minis game has jumped into my computer!

I wanted to ask about mid spc uniform changes. I have seen on this, and other forums a number of people ask this same question or request this feature. I noticed that LME has an option to do this using separate campaign loads from the launcher, and to my untrained eye seems to be utilizing different pack files to do this? They say this is also save game compatible. I would love to hear your thoughts on the feasibility of something like this coming to NTW3?

As a rabbit trail question, I notice the Austrian infantry helmet crests in NTW3 are much shorter than those in LME. Are there any Austrian uniform experts that can shed light on which is correct (or both)?

Lord Fullin
Lord
Lord

Re: Uniform Question

Postby Lord Fullin » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:36 pm

The crest on the helmets was larger...when the helmets were issued.... as the bearskin for the french was originally bear... the crest on the helmets wore off and the bears , some said became monkeys....

cavalry helmet Aspern museum
http://www.stokesinternet.com/photos/uniforms/Aspern-AustrianHelmet.jpg

The austrian infantry helmet should have a bigger crest, but that requires a new mesh to be added to the game.
As our mod is mainly for multiplayer , we decided to go with the worn out look , for reliability purposes, but i think a a proper well finished helmet can be added to the SPC.
Sauve qui peut!' 'Nous sommes trahis!'

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:29 pm

NTW3 v51 Austrian units:

“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Churlish
Serf

Postby Churlish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:26 am

Thank you for the answers guys. Incidentally this is good feedback as I will be painting 15mm Austrian minis soon :eek:

Lord Fullin
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Fullin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Any uniform questions or doubt , our costume department will be glad to answer.
Sauve qui peut!' 'Nous sommes trahis!'

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:22 pm

The mustache on the Infantry No. 51 seems a bit short. I thought they wore it longer with some curvature at the ends?

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”