V 5.0 can't recruit units?

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
OG Grenadier
Baronet
Baronet

V 5.0 can't recruit units?

Postby OG Grenadier » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Hello Chaps! I confess it has been quite some time since I played NTW V*.* , I am currently several turns into the French Grand Campaign with several buildings that should provide recruitment abilities, however I cannot see any units available in any recruitment windows!? Has something changed dramatically in V5.0 that I have overlooked in your release notes that changes the recruitment system?

Thanks and masterful work by the by...

OG

EDIT: Ok there is something terribly wrong with my game. I can confirm that starting a game with any other faction I can recruit units (see units in the options window) and I can see that right click buildings, the different units available for recruitment. I don't see any of the above when playing France. I'm calling it, time of death 9:30AM CST. Time for Total Reinstall...

EDIT 2: Completely reinstalled fresh. Virgin install of NTW with V5.0. Ran all the preamble starts to generate scripts. Guys I cannot recruit French units in the French Campaign...........
May the drums of the Old Guard beat to "le Empereur"... forever.

Lord Davn

Re: V 5.0 can't recruit units?

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 am

OG Grenadier wrote: I am currently several turns into the French Grand Campaign with several buildings that should provide recruitment abilities, however I cannot see any units available in any recruitment windows!?

Please read our notes for Campaign players here on the Lordz TWC page:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?528723-NTW3-v5-SP-amp-MP-Campaign-Updates

We did not mod the French Grand Campaign (or the Italy & Egypt campaigns) that you access through "Napoleon's Campaigns". You can play the French faction by selecting them as one of the 20 factions that are playable in "Campaigns of the Coalition" as shown on the above TWC thread.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

OG Grenadier
Baronet
Baronet

Postby OG Grenadier » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:05 pm

I am an idiot... thanks much. :mrgreen:
May the drums of the Old Guard beat to "le Empereur"... forever.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:33 pm

We suggest that you play the NTW3 SP Campaign on "NORMAL" difficultly instead of HARD or VERY HARD. This will provide you with the best experience on the battlefield & campaign map. The NTW3 battlefield mechanics have adjusted the morale settings so the AI units will usually stand their ground and fight longer. The higher difficulty settings will give the AI an additional morale boost that causes to charge your lines in melee combat more often.
The settings above NORMAL on the campaign map will cause your allies to break their treaties and eventually declare war on your faction.
Enjoy :mrgreen:
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”