NTW3 v8.2 SPC mod update

Downloads, info and technical help for Napoleonic Total War 3
Deadly Rabbit
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 v8.1 SPC mod update

Postby Deadly Rabbit » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:35 pm

I think shore batteries may need to disappear from the next patch. I’m my current campaign, Nelson’s fleet poppies into limerick and didn’t come out again until I landed a French army and liberated Ireland. When I brought up my by now strong French fleets to engage, there’s the little fifty gun model sailing along wirh the rest of the line of battle. I think it’s a good idea, but perhaps a stationary militia or artullery unit would work more effectively and be less buggy for campaign pay?
Just a suggestion

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Thank you for the post. That was a concern when the shore batteries were added to the campaign for the British & French trading ports to stop the constant raiding by the AI. Land units can not be added to the ports so stationary (no movement points) 50 gun ships were substituted so the AI keeps them in port, (this was actually a historical practice to ground older ships in the harbor entrance to keep marauders at bay). Unfortunately this also keeps other ships in port when the AI looks at moving the fleet out to sea.

Perhaps a solution would be to only add the shore batteries in the two major trading ports for Britain and France, Bristol & Chatham and Nantes & Antwerp. That should keep these trade ports open and the AI would have other ports to harbor their fleets in.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Deadly Rabbit
Villein
Villein

Postby Deadly Rabbit » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am

I love the concept of the shore battery/guard ship, his time have found it a little unworkable in campaign play. Yes perhaps limiting the battery to those major ports would assist. I’ve also noted a frequent crash when attempting to besiege the capitals of the minor Italian factions

Deadly Rabbit
Villein
Villein

Postby Deadly Rabbit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:00 am

Hi is there an ETA on the 8.2 campaign patch? I’m itching to play

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Deadly Rabbit wrote:Hi is there an ETA on the 8.2 campaign patch? I’m itching to play

The v8.2 spc_1805 mod was to correct a few player issues and update the British faction uniforms and unit recruitment. The port defenses are now limited to the two major trade ports for the British & French factions, mainly to protect them from the AI's consistent raiding. The British uniforms were redone to the 1805 time period by Dan Bogdan and the recruitment roster was updated for units raised for the Expeditionary force and in Hannover (once Britain occupies the region). The unit info cards with the new Brit uniforms will be added for the v8.3 release.

However you can download the v8.2 spc mod and check it out (of course minus the new Brit info cards). Feed back would be appreciated :smile:
Download the rar file and extract to Napoleon Total War folder to install the new files (they will overwrite the existing spc files that you have)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/srp66g0p5yag5c6/v82_spc_data.rar/file

The updated campaign files should look like this. We also hope to have a NTW3 Peninsula campaign ready for the v8.3 release :wink:

Deadly Rabbit
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW3 v8.2 SPC mod update

Postby Deadly Rabbit » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 am

Thank you!

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Deadly Rabbit wrote:Thank you!

Please note that the v82_spc mod update will overwrite your existing files and is NOT 100% compatible with older game saves from previous versions.
They older game saves may load but may be unstable in later turns due to the changes & improvements made to the v82_spc mod :confused:

bevis987
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby bevis987 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Great job . When will the blob problem be resolved ?
no news is a good news

CosmicJuke
Villein
Villein

Postby CosmicJuke » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Lord Davn wrote:
Deadly Rabbit wrote:Hi is there an ETA on the 8.2 campaign patch? I’m itching to play

The v8.2 spc_1805 mod was to correct a few player issues and update the British faction uniforms and unit recruitment. The port defenses are now limited to the two major trade ports for the British & French factions, mainly to protect them from the AI's consistent raiding. The British uniforms were redone to the 1805 time period by Dan Bogdan and the recruitment roster was updated for units raised for the Expeditionary force and in Hannover (once Britain occupies the region). The unit info cards with the new Brit uniforms will be added for the v8.3 release.

However you can download the v8.2 spc mod and check it out (of course minus the new Brit info cards). Feed back would be appreciated :smile:
Download the rar file and extract to Napoleon Total War folder to install the new files (they will overwrite the existing spc files that you have)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/srp66g0p5yag5c6/v82_spc_data.rar/file

We also hope to have a NTW3 Peninsula campaign ready for the v8.3 release :wink:

You mean i have to extract all files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\data" ?
or in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ Napoleon Total War\data\NTW3\Version82 ?

Im kinda lost.
Same for Alb23 Ui mod, i dont k remember where to put it and what to write in the user scripts to activate.

ty for any help ! would be grateful

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Right click the data.rar file that you downloaded from the link above and select “extract to” Napoleon Total War” folder, or wait for the new NTW3 v83 to be released.

Deadly Rabbit
Villein
Villein

Postby Deadly Rabbit » Sat May 18, 2019 2:14 am

Lord Dave, I’ve updated to 8.4. Were any spc changes made? Most of the same issues appear for me (Swedish 86 CT’s, Swiss recruiting Spanish units, CT’s when besieging minor factions)
Is this correct, or should I try a fresh instal?

Return to “NTW3 General Discussions”