Histwar Napoleon

For all discussions relating to HW:LG by JMM
Seimour01
Gentleman
Gentleman

Re: HistWar Napoleon : News

Postby Seimour01 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Claiming that my opinion is wrong without bothering to say why is simply ridiculous. Claims which are asserted without evidence can be dismissed just as easily. I think this thread needs less ego stroking and more discussion about what the game currently is. If you are unwilling to do that, there's no point whatsoever in talking about the game.
You can do anything with bayonets except sit on them.

Lord Lancier

Re: edit: no post no need sorry :)

Postby Lord Lancier » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:20 pm

thanks Seimour01 you inspire my memories i ve almost forgotten our old habit :biggrin: , just checked the topic and views on this game by the way why Histwar has its own seperate forum here and i post here i dont know it should be in tavern ? :mrgreen: this is ntw3 forum right ? edited the topics i started and edited some of my posts there.

edit: no post no need sorry :)

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Re: ...

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 pm

If anyone here is interested in HW I will spend as much time as required trying to help them understand it.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Lord Lancier

Re: Histwar Napoleon

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 am

steam wait for us ! wer on way :wink: ^^

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 am

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:01 am

Seimour Patch 05f (RC1) released for HWN. Try when you have time sir. Tho interface not updated yet. :wink:
Seimour wrote:I'll continue to test it in every major updates and may change my opinion over time but I doubt it.

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 am

Seimour Patch 05f (RC1) released for HWN. Try when you have time sir. Tho interface not updated yet. :wink:

Lancier, is this the major update that's been coming? Or is there another one coming? The unit skins don't look any different to me.

Seimour01
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Seimour01 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Lancier wrote:Seimour Patch 05f (RC1) released for HWN. Try when you have time sir. Tho interface not updated yet. :wink:
Seimour wrote:I'll continue to test it in every major updates and may change my opinion over time but I doubt it.

I've tried with the previous patch and I still think Histwar isn't for me...or for gamers in general. Ill try it again eventually but my patience is running quite thin.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:51 pm

No no a new one is on way i will let you know Ztrain :smile:
Ztrain909 wrote:Lancier, is this the major update that's been coming? Or is there another one coming? The unit skins don't look any different to me.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Unfortunatelly after starting some game/s with Gunner and some others from the clan we found out new bugs with the pbems ! (also some with tcp/ips) So after that many years I finally give up with this game. Second game i uninstalled today, what a day ! :sad:
Sorry from everyone promoting this buggy !? game here.
Will stop online gaming and stick to dinasour pbem hex games. :neutral: GL to other hw gamers if there are any left.

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Sorry to hear that, Lancier. After trying both HWLG and HWN, I wasn't holding my breath for HWN, but was still hoping for the best: the potential was still there, I thought. This is another bad omen ... do not know what to think now.

That's another chicken-egg problem to me. No reasonably stable and playable game - no interest. No interest - no feedback and hence slow development ... I suppose, before embarking on a new quest, JMM should have got basics (HWLG) right.

P.S. Your presence will be sorely missed, Lance! If you ever decide to turn back to the "dark" side (on-line gaming), please let me know!!!
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:11 pm

We were first angry with Dougie, he was always cautious about HWN, he didnt buy it before he see a working game first with his own eyes, cause he had already HWLG !? which we all paid so much money already ... We did the mistake tho (i dont talk about testers course they needed the game course). We had everything ready, 3 clans (teams), organisations, historical scenarios to play etc. (Can you imagine my friend prepared all hist battles Dennewitz,Kulm,Katzbach,Grossbeeren,Mockern, Liebertwolkwitz) but we forgot something, we didnt have, a game we can play all these lol funny and disappointing. After each patch we thought it was ready but it was not. Can you believe after that many years community has only 20 mp gamers !? 10 french gamers (2 clans), 10 english talking gamers (FG) Anyway not my business anymore i had enough, lessons learned, a bit late but learned, bravo to Dougie, most patient and clever hw gamer ever. We quit ntw3 for steam crashes and lags but we bumped a buggy game instead !
No no stilgar ... i am happy with my oldfashioned pbem games. GL & HF with ntw3 and hw( :wink: )

stilgar wrote:Sorry to hear that, Lancier. After trying both HWLG and HWN, I wasn't holding my breath for HWN, but was still hoping for the best: the potential was still there, I thought. This is another bad omen ... do not know what to think now.

That's another chicken-egg problem to me. No reasonably stable and playable game - no interest. No interest - no feedback and hence slow development ... I suppose, before embarking on a new quest, JMM should have got basics (HWLG) right.

P.S. Your presence will be sorely missed, Lance! If you ever decide to turn back to the "dark" side (on-line gaming), please let me know!!!

Seimour01
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Seimour01 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 am

At long last, I am vindicated. Seimour is satisfied.

I am aware that the game has features that are supposed to be in later but I don't share your blind faith in early access games becoming better the more money you throw at them. The vast majority ends up dying halfway through and anyone who was dumb enough to invest got shafted in the process.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:48 pm

GL to other hw gamers if there are any left.

And then there were............0

I have said for years this is a great game, and it still is, but with a few problems, that COULD have been solved years ago if JMM had IGNORED all those people who wanted it more like this that or the other game, if he had spent his time fixing the game engine and not spent his time on stuff like graphics and interface, we would have had a game that worked perfectly by now, THEN, the improvements could have been made after that had been done, but, we are were we are.........almost at the end of a dead end road.

GP used to say we would be all dead and buried by the time HW worked correctly, was he right after all ?.

I still remain 100% confident that it will be 100% perfect [ as long as JMM keeps working on it, and does not give up, which is possible if there is no active Community to work for ] at some stage - but that might well be too late now for a lot of people.

Sad days for such an epic game, of which we will never see again, and that you can bet the house on.

So many people never gave it a chance, and that became a self fulfilling prophecy, no active Community = no interest = no game being played COULD = no further development ????????.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Sorry to see your efforts come to an end, I wanted to take a look at it myself. I know all to well the problems with trying to mod a stable game that will hold players interest. We've been fortunate enough to have several good NTW3 mods that continue to draw players. I think the botched release of Rome II even taught CA a valuable lesson, but we'll have to see if they learn from it or repeat their mistake :rolleyes:
Last edited by Lord Davn on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Nothing that it wasnt suposed to happen. Now i hope you all put your pride away and return to ntw3 and be more humble and accept it has a mod it is . Lordz mod .
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:38 pm

And the top prize for [guess what] goes to the person who wrote these words -
Nothing that it wasnt suposed to happen. Now i hope you all put your pride away and return to ntw3 and be more humble and accept it has a mod it is . Lordz mod .
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Tac
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Tac » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:46 pm

I blame VC. :wink:
Last edited by Tac on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMM
Villein
Villein

Postby JMM » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello, all...

A bit surprise to read the last comments...

During this year, I spent a lot of time to work on the internal engine...
Probably 75% of my time... For example, I worked a lot on the micro-managment on September/October.
Right, I didn't build a new patch because there are a lot of activities towards different themes and it is difficult to generate a fine version today.

That said... I don't want to try to explain my activities... only one thing, I continue to develop the game...

Best Regards
JMM
HistWar : The Strategic Game

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:07 pm

As a person who bought both HWLG and HWN !?
... We all know you do your best course but people who left the community till now did their best too be sure. I think it is the limits … everyone have different one … it was 2 months for some- 1 year for others- 5 for the others- forever for the others ? Maybe we are close to the final ? No matter when some reach the limits i think. I wait the game for 5 years. I think this was my limit. Please delete my account on hw forum i applied for alrady. Good luck to you and others in the community and thanks for your efforts so far. Respectful work.

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Lord Gunner24 wrote:And the top prize for [guess what] goes to the person who wrote these words -

Coming from you must be a joke.
You are on of the eldest members of this comunity ,that, spent the entire time inventing ingame rules to compensate the lack of hability, doing hard critics everytime a new patch come to the NTW 3 creators, complaining of "last second squares";complaining about "embebed art" or whatever it is writen,inventing column formation to be able to square ,complaining about canister,complaining about how Lordz ignored youre claims,you suported and foment the creation of a separated mod with your claims but with the hard work of Lordz,leaving a clan like NBC to die, always isolating is members always from the comunity,etc .
You,should be quite before pointing the finger to anyone around here since you were always a destabilizing member on this community and mod.
And still you try to attack my integrity and person for things without logic, grow up.

I have done 10 times more than you have done all the "centuries" you have been here ,of promoting and always suporting the Lordz team and their work.
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Back on topic ... JMM, good to hear you keep going, in spite of air of disappointment surrounding HWN at the moment. I bet many skeptics, including myself I must admit, would not mind to be proven wrong after all!
Good luck with your work on HWN!
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Seimour01
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Seimour01 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:49 am

Disapointment is legitimate after years of waiting, isn't it?. Communities form spontaneously with games that are interesting. It doesnt take years of dedications for people to flock to properly advertised product. If MP is struggling to maintain 20 players, questions should be asked as to where it went wrong rather than claiming that anyone who didnt buy or play the game for years is guilty of treason.

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:20 am

JMM,

I hope the best for you and that HistWar will be a success.

Lord Avon Ulysses
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Avon Ulysses » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:31 am

I think we all want HW:N to be a success.
JMM has put years of effort into making the ultimate Napoleonic game, an epic task should require an epic amount of time.

I bought it (in fact I have all 3 of JMM’s games) & I will try it again, but I’m waiting for VC’s new user interface to be released before I do.
'Illegitimi non carborundum'

Return to “HistWar Les Grognards (LG)”