New members, please introduce your self here. :D

Introduce yourself and have your OFF-TOPIC discussions here.
LittleSoldier
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby LittleSoldier » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:14 pm

nah i m not from bolton.. it must be the what i called gerlish... english with german grammar...or german with english ones... english is weird.. teachers are even worse... one of them tried to teach me wiganese...

Lord Crow

Postby Lord Crow » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:32 pm

LOL like it.

Jean Lannes
Villein
Villein

Postby Jean Lannes » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:20 am

I saw this thread late, sorry,very sorry.
I am 16 years of age, a Napoleon buff, half american and half German, living in Germany. I've never played NTW since I don't own MTW. I purchased Imperial Glory and thought it was ok. But I severely hope and think that your mod will be loads better. Great work so far !!!!
With kind regards, Jean Lannes

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:37 pm

Welcome to the site! :) I hope that you will consider picking up a cheap copy of MTW:VI and trying out NTW1 as it will be some time until NTW2 is out. Please make yourself at home here and hope to see you on the forums, and the mp fields, often.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Archduke Karl
Villein
Villein

Postby Archduke Karl » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:24 pm

Greetings, i have been registered for the last 2 days, but i am here as i love both the Napoleonic period and RTW. So i thought i'd come along and give what little support i can, and just to admire the great work you guys do!
"I am over rated by some, undervalued by others"
Archduke Karl on himself

Livdragon Jansson
Villein
Villein

Postby Livdragon Jansson » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:13 pm

Hey, I'm Jansson, currently occuping with military service here in Sweden, I'm with the regiment Livgardet(new and reformed Svea lifgarde so I have a little connection to the game hehe).
I just love the Napoleonic era and I can't wait 'till you release NTW2, maybe a present for me when I'm finished with my service in the end of November? :D

Lord Crow

Postby Lord Crow » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:15 am

Haven't you heard? All members who do don't choose an avatar won't be getting ntw2! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Livdragon Jansson
Villein
Villein

Postby Livdragon Jansson » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:23 am

Ahhh sorry! Well now I have the French cavallery general Murat by my side :)

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:47 pm

Thank you sir and please share your thoughts with us, so long as they are decent, whenever you so wish to. :)

Devoirs The Empress

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Tayside
Villein
Villein

Postby Tayside » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:16 pm

Ohhh,.... I am to late to :lol:

Well Henrik, 3/4Danish an 1/4British.
Are very interestet in military history, espcialy Roman, Medieval, Napoleon, WW2 and modern day.
Had done service as Sergent in the Danish Garderhusar regimentet (Guarderhusars).
Well, not much more to say :D
H.Sanderhus, 1st/FJR. (www.milsim.dk)

"Cause I went home on a Friday night, as drunk as drunk could beee. I saw a head upon the bed, where my own head should be, so I,..." ect ect. :D

Livdragon Jansson
Villein
Villein

Postby Livdragon Jansson » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:37 pm

Lady Meg wrote:Thank you sir and please share your thoughts with us, so long as they are decent, whenever you so wish to. :)

Devoirs The Empress

Well you can be certain that I will do that! I haven't been so excited over a game(mod) since my old man promised me a nintedo like two decades ago :)
Solen skiner alltid p? en livgardist -
The sun always shine on a lifeguardist

Generale De Sonnaz
Serf

At your service.

Postby Generale De Sonnaz » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:03 am

General De Sonnaz at your service. Pleased to make your aquantance.

Lenny
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lenny » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:04 pm

And now for a theatrically Lenny atmosphere post....

<The scene is a parade ground, dawn, asembled in painfully straight ranks are the new recruits to the 1st Lordz Own Foot Regiment, the proudest of all regiments in whatever army she see's fit to fight in today. A light mist caresses the hills in the distance, and the recruits look nervously at the review platform, where in all their finery the officers of the regiment sit, regal and benevolent. From the back a tall, kilted Major stands and walks to the front of the stand>

"Good morning recruits, i am Major Lenny of The Lordz Own Foot, it is my duty and pleasure to welcome you to the regiment, on behalf of the senior officers <gestured back to the officers, a light breeze ruffling their plumed hats> and regimental staff <looks to the left of the recruits, where stands a tough older man, looking vaguely wolfish, in a painfully neat Sgt. Majors uniform, bayonet glinting meanicingly...gin bottle in his breast pocket> I trust you all will obey the rules and regulations of the regiment, and conduct yourselves in a manner beffiting such a noble group. I must warn you however, offensive behaviour not be tolerated and will be dealt with most severly, anyone caught openly lying and deceiving the regiment, anyone who behaves in a manner deemed innapropriate by the regimental moderators <geastures to a frightening collection of officers on the platform> shall be punished most severely, the legends you've heard about Sgt. Major Crow are all true i assure you, and Lt. Col. Moray...well he's one you wouldn't want to be near after bean night. But all is not harsh discipline and flatulence! Enjoy your stay here and may you fight for us bravely and with honour should you ever be called upon. Oh and by the way insanity is no boundry to rank in this regiment, take myself or Lord Shand for example.

Recruits detail to Sgt. Crow for barracks assingment, and anyone caught disrespecting the Lady Meg (former Empress of these lands) shall be immediatly fed sago pudding. DISMISS!!!

<Maj. Lenny turns and walks back to the officers, who leave for brandy and cigars in the officers club. The recruits shuffle apprehensivly towards Sgt. Maj. Crow. So it begins...>
All the world's a stage,
And all men merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.

"As You Like It" act II scene VII

Salty_McSushi
Villein
Villein

Postby Salty_McSushi » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:12 pm

I'm Salty McSushi. I've been playing MTW for some time now but NTW for only a few days. Great game!

LittleSoldier
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby LittleSoldier » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:32 pm

Lenny wrote:And now for a theatrically Lenny atmosphere post....

<The scene is a parade ground, dawn, asembled in painfully straight ranks are the new recruits to the 1st Lordz Own Foot Regiment, the proudest of all regiments in whatever army she see's fit to fight in today. A light mist caresses the hills in the distance, and the recruits look nervously at the review platform, where in all their finery the officers of the regiment sit, regal and benevolent. From the back a tall, kilted Major stands and walks to the front of the stand>

"Good morning recruits, i am Major Lenny of The Lordz Own Foot, it is my duty and pleasure to welcome you to the regiment, on behalf of the senior officers <gestured back to the officers, a light breeze ruffling their plumed hats> and regimental staff <looks to the left of the recruits, where stands a tough older man, looking vaguely wolfish, in a painfully neat Sgt. Majors uniform, bayonet glinting meanicingly...gin bottle in his breast pocket> I trust you all will obey the rules and regulations of the regiment, and conduct yourselves in a manner beffiting such a noble group. I must warn you however, offensive behaviour not be tolerated and will be dealt with most severly, anyone caught openly lying and deceiving the regiment, anyone who behaves in a manner deemed innapropriate by the regimental moderators <geastures to a frightening collection of officers on the platform> shall be punished most severely, the legends you've heard about Sgt. Major Crow are all true i assure you, and Lt. Col. Moray...well he's one you wouldn't want to be near after bean night. But all is not harsh discipline and flatulence! Enjoy your stay here and may you fight for us bravely and with honour should you ever be called upon. Oh and by the way insanity is no boundry to rank in this regiment, take myself or Lord Shand for example.

Recruits detail to Sgt. Crow for barracks assingment, and anyone caught disrespecting the Lady Meg (former Empress of these lands) shall be immediatly fed sago pudding. DISMISS!!!

<Maj. Lenny turns and walks back to the officers, who leave for brandy and cigars in the officers club. The recruits shuffle apprehensivly towards Sgt. Maj. Crow. So it begins...>

i have one question...

Can you write it again in a more simple form? :)

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:42 pm

Salty_McSushi wrote:I'm Salty McSushi. I've been playing MTW for some time now but NTW for only a few days. Great game!
Welcome to the NTW forums and enjoy your stay!

LOL@Lenny, and here I was washing all of those troussers- you guys never told me your wore kilts- who's pants are these then? :lol:

Devoirs The Empress

Hairog
Serf

Postby Hairog » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:22 am

I just discovered this website and downloaded the mod. This looks fantastic! I can't believe all the work you all have done. Thank you very much. Hopefully I will be able to contribute some day.

I have been looking for a strategic Napoleonic game that also has a tactical component for years. I think I may have found it with your excellent mod. I am also very excited to read about your American mod as I have also been looking for a stategic/tactical American Civil war game.

Again thanks for all you great work.

P.S. sorry about the signature. It really doesnt fit in with the theme.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:07 am

Hairog, welcome to our site and thank you for interest in our mods. I hope that they are everthing you can want out of a pc game. Please feel free to add your thoughts and opinions to the forus at anytime as we like to hear feedback, so long as it is constructive of course. :D

I've got to ask you to remove your siggy as we do not allow pics in them, need to keep the site running smoothly. Pick an avatar while you are at it- in profile, under gallery. Thank you kindly for your words and hope to see you sticking around for our upcoming releases.

Devoirs The Empress

Lenny
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lenny » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:01 am

Lady Meg wrote:
Salty_McSushi wrote:I'm Salty McSushi. I've been playing MTW for some time now but NTW for only a few days. Great game!
Welcome to the NTW forums and enjoy your stay!

LOL@Lenny, and here I was washing all of those troussers- you guys never told me your wore kilts- who's pants are these then? :lol:

Devoirs The Empress

Well i wear a kilt, special regimental dispensation from Lt. Col. Moray :D
All the world's a stage,
And all men merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.

"As You Like It" act II scene VII

quad
Villein
Villein

Postby quad » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Although I've been around for a couple of weeks I haven't made many posts yet. Anyway this is a good place to start I suppose. I'm quadrille (call me quad), from the warhammer total war modding team. After WTW, this is definitely the mod I would most like to work with. I'm a 2d and 3d artist. I would enjoy making a model for you sometime, since I really love the Napoleonic era. Let me know if you're interested.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:13 pm

Thank you for the offer, someone will get in touch with you I'm sure. :D

Devoirs The Empress

Lord Ashram
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Ashram » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:58 am

Ah, awesome:) I am a huge tabletop wargames fan and would love to chat Warhammer Total War sometime;) I'll drop you a line:)

LA
http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com - Lord Ashram's House of War

http://ntwgg.proboards26.com/ -The Grenadier Guards; the Napoleonic Total War clan.

Captain Fredrickson
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Captain Fredrickson » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:45 pm

I'm not new here (well not brand new lol) but just thought i'd post to say im back from my Military Odyssey (I'm sure someone here knows what i mean ;) ) and ready to resume work.
"What are you smiling at, Fredrickson?"

" I'm not smiling, sir. A musket ball broke my jaw. I have false teeth. The sawbone stuck on the smile for free, sir. He also stuck on my hair. Hair belongs to a horse, sir."

Seydlitz
Villein
Villein

Postby Seydlitz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:43 am

Hey, I'm Seydlitz a member of the EB team. I'm half Italian, half Brazilian and I'm going to soon be studying in England (In holland atm).

I saw your work on NTW2 and was amazed. I had just read the section from John Keegan's Face of Battle on Waterloo which gave me a new found interest for the Napoleonic era, when I saw NTW2 and was blown away. :D

To practice my British english out, I'd like to say splendid work chaps! This is one of the mods I look forward to the most :wink:

Cheers,
- Seyd

Lord Ashram
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Ashram » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:12 pm

Hey Sey!

Glad to have you on board. Fantastic books, right? Keegan is MASTERFUL at just drawing you in:)

Anyway, glad to have you around, and when you get MSN messenger and want to play a game, drop me a line at gpandsean@yahoo.com!

Take care,

Lord Ash
http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com - Lord Ashram's House of War

http://ntwgg.proboards26.com/ -The Grenadier Guards; the Napoleonic Total War clan.

Return to “The Tavern”