New members, please introduce your self here. :D

Introduce yourself and have your OFF-TOPIC discussions here.
Lord Crow

Postby Lord Crow » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:45 am

Can i ask where you will be studying Seydlitz? And your English is very good m8.

Seydlitz
Villein
Villein

Postby Seydlitz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:36 pm

Yeah, Keegan is brilliant. I read the whole Waterloo section in an hour. And kept some guests that had come downstairs waiting for about that long as well, but it was worth it :P

I will be studying at the University of Teesside, up in Middlesbrough. I hope my english is at least satisfactory! After all, I have been going to an American School my whole life :) Got a nice American accent to boot.

My messenger is professionalcynic13@hotmail.com, though sadly I don't have Viking Invasion and I can't find it anywhere here, so I can't install NTW :( That's why I'm waiting for NTW2!

Cheers,
- Seyd

General Swoboda
Villein
Villein

Re: New members, please introduce your self here. :D

Postby General Swoboda » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:54 pm

Hi everyone.I want to give congratulations for all the people who are making this great game.And i think we can all expect a beautifull game and a new experience in Total War history.I have a question:can i play this game only with Rome:Total War or i must have Barbarian Invasion?I dont want to buy the expansion but i want to play Napoleonic.Thank you and good job. :D

Lord Ashram
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lord Ashram » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:38 pm

Well, NTW1, which is currently available, is for Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion. NTW2, which will be available in some time, will be for the Rome Total War engine and will require the Barbarian Invasion expansion:)
http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com - Lord Ashram's House of War

http://ntwgg.proboards26.com/ -The Grenadier Guards; the Napoleonic Total War clan.

Emerald Wolf
Serf

Postby Emerald Wolf » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:15 am

Hello gentlemen and ladies. I am currently a former US Marine and military history buff, who is enrolling in a Jazz Studies Masters Degree program. I am here to both learn better ways to experience NTW, and to share the knowledge of my experiences. I am also interested in working on soundtracks/music packs for upcoming mods as well as doing research towards realism in new mods.
"Soldiers of the Fifth, you recognize me. If any man would shoot his emperor, he may do so now". -Napoleon upon his return from exile.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:03 pm

Hi there Emerald Wolf, nice to meet a fellow Sunshine-stater. :D Would you mind picking an avatar please? This can be done under your profile in the gallery section. Thanks.

Devoirs The Empress
"Act well your part, there all the honour lies." -Pope

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

Ferguson Lane
Villein
Villein

Postby Ferguson Lane » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:11 pm

Hello, I am very new to this forum, joined yesterday. I am a military historian and a wargamer. I love Rome: Total Realism and I can't wait for NTW2. I know you guys love NTW1, but I'm drooling over the graphics capabilities of RTW when used in NTW2. The screenshots are great. I just hope that American: Total War can be modded on to RTW also. I would love to see American Civil War units like the models you guys have made for NTW2. Keep up the good work and please, oh please, don't keep us waiting too long :D

MacDuff
Villein
Villein

Postby MacDuff » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:17 pm

Checking in after a long absence. Looking forward to the new ATW release.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:21 pm

Welcome old and new to the forums and thank you for your interest. Feel free to join in on posting in the forums and make yourselves at home.

Devoirs The Empress

"England Expects That Every Man Will Do His DUTY" - Nelson via Mr. Pasco at Trafalgar 1805

QuintusSertorius
Villein
Villein

Postby QuintusSertorius » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:03 pm

Greetings one and all, I'm a poster from over on Rome Total Realism (under the same name) who has had a lengthy interest in this mod. While an RTW player, I'm sorely tempted to buy MTW just to try out the original NTW.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:05 pm

I think you should buy yourself a copy of the MTW:VI set QuintusSertorius or NTW is well worth it. :D Both the sp and mp sides are very well made and there's a new American themed mod just for NTW that will be coming out presently if you have any interest in the War for Independence or the Civil War (American). MTW:VI is very "cheap" nowadays so it will not break the piggie-bank.

I'd like to ask you to pick an avatar if you'd be so kind. This can be done in the profile heading under the gallery section.

Feel welcomed to peruse our forums and add thoughts to any topics you are inclined to. Welcome to the NTW community.

Devoirs The Empress

Imperator Mundi
Villein
Villein

Postby Imperator Mundi » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Good day my fine gentlemen and ladies.
I must congratulate you on your most finest of modifcationsoncerning the art of warfare!
Perhaps we may fight together one day, side by side as allies for the glory of a better, more serene terrestrial existance.
Maybe, if fate intervenes and ego's compound we may line up our men against one another on the bloody fields of war, sworn to eradicate the enemies of those we seek to protect until they are but bones beneath the soil!
Until such time let us be merry and enjoy the fruits of our toil, for bitter is the man who lusts for blood and honourable the man who yearns for peace.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:25 pm

Welcome brave sir. Your attitude is precisely the type we look for here in these hollowed halls. Make yourself at home and enjoy.

Devoirs The Empress

basilbarfly
Villein
Villein

Greetings from Australia

Postby basilbarfly » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:46 am

Hi,
I am Basil Barfly, from Grafton, New South Wales, Australia. I am a carer so I work only part time. I was a huge Napoleonic fan in my 20's and had a number of 25 and 15mm armies. I have the Avalon Hill Napoleons Campaignsn which a group of would play every friday night. I dropped out for a while getting into Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator and helped to build the Hart's War addon through Combat Flight Sims company. Now I have found this addon I am really getting back into it and enjoy repainting these units on computer(my eyes are no good for 15mm anymore :shock: ).

My heartfelt congradulations to the modders who have done a hell of a lot of work for this addon. The only thing I have found is that the icons in recruitment and battlefield are somewhat poor so I have taken it upon myself to make better ones. I hope some people will like. I hope to evetually put the actual units on the batlefield sometime.

Anyway, nice to join up and play.

Thanks

Basil Barfly
There are those that watch things happen, some make things happens but many wonder what happened.

Darsol
Villein
Villein

Postby Darsol » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:08 pm

Hey everyone, I am a kid from So Cal and have been following the mod, which is awesome btw, for a while now and decided it was time to introduce myself

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:34 pm

Cool beans, welcome to the forums. Make yourself at home here and hope to see your thoughts added to our discussions.

Devoirs The Empress

Ruhan Zarathustra
Serf

Postby Ruhan Zarathustra » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:45 am

Greetings and salutations.

I've been a fan of NTW since I originally saw the old screenshots of NTW1 for MTW. Since I've returned to checking out forums since I've had time to actively play RTW and BI recently, I was quite pleased to see NTW2 for RTW and decided that I just absolutely had to come and register on your forums.

After I found the right link... I must have had an old one or something. NTW2 is probably one of the total conversion mods I'm looking forward to most being able to play.

Because, really, games that not only let me go to war with England or France but shoot them too, have to be great! Especially considering the top notch quality you chaps have here.

So, hello. I'll try not to let my recently attained TW Envangelist trait show too much.

Lord Crow

Postby Lord Crow » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:25 pm

Could you choose an avatar please m8, and welcome to the forums.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:49 pm

Hi there Ruhan Zarathustra and thank you for joining up with us. Feel free to chat here on our forums. Thanks for picking an avatar, LC will be happy. :)

Devoirs The Empress

PS. You've got good music out in your neck of the woods.

Marshal Druc
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Marshal Druc » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Edited by Moderator as content was uncalled for.

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:33 pm

I do Druc. You do not have any right to say what you did; it is common decency that we introduce ourselves and if you do not like it then you do not have to do so. I am sure that with your attitude we could do with out making your acquaintance. If I had the power our forums would no longer trouble you. If you have cussing to do you call ME.

Devoirs The Empress

Pewe
Serf

Postby Pewe » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi, My name is Peter,I'm from Sweden. I'm 17 years old. Well thats all I guess. I am very intressed in history and can't wait for the Napoleon mod.
Hej p? dig

Milliu
Villein
Villein

Postby Milliu » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:29 pm

Hi to everyone, I'm Milliu, to do things in reverse mode, i present myself after having posted my first argument. I'm from Italy and i'm a Police officier, formerly in the army. i'm fond of Napoleonic period, tactic and warfare. I've much to learn and you guys, did a great job with this game.

Milliu

Lady Meg
Honourary Lord
Honourary Lord

Postby Lady Meg » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:50 pm

Have you tried the NTW1 or the ATW mods yet Pewe? They may keep you occupied until the release of NTW2. Thank you both for joinging our forums and please feel free to voice your thoughts.

Devoirs The Empress

Marine
Serf

Postby Marine » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:50 pm

Hey My name is Marine ANd really looking foward too playing NW2.
:D

Return to “The Tavern”