New members, please introduce your self here. :D

Introduce yourself and have your OFF-TOPIC discussions here.
roginauld
Villein
Villein

Re: New members, please introduce your self here. :D

Postby roginauld » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Happy New Year to all Lordz, ladies and gents. I've just started playing again on my new PC and having a blast. Just one question about the historical battle rules - why a 7 or 8 rank column to form square? I would have thought a 4 rank line acceptable since that is how Welly formed up the allied army at Waterloo in the face of the powerful French cav.

Lord Davn

Postby Lord Davn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:17 am

roginauld wrote:why a 7 or 8 rank column to form square? I would have thought a 4 rank line acceptable since that is how Welly formed up the allied army at Waterloo in the face of the powerful French cav.

I believe Lord Desaix put that in his Historical battles to minimize the effects of the instant square. That has been a handicap for our NTW3 realism stats and game play.
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd love to watch some historical battle replays preferably multiplayer with maybe 4 players? I've subscribed to the reform club on U tube and I've been trawling the forums but can't find anything recent. Sorry to be such a noob. Any links or advice?

I don't have the headset and mike yet but I'm interested in getting started although I don't have a clue about it. Is there a dummies guide? I need one with a capital D.

By the by, I had quite an interesting battle of Quatre Bras as a single player against the AI. All was going well and I thrashed the poor old 2nd Netherlands Division then I got to the crossroads and there was nobody there! Far off in the distance some troops were milling about but I foolishly occupied the victory point crossroads farm building and they all routed. Maybe I should have left it alone and they would have turned up for a fight. I read that the AI doesn't work properly for single players.

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:07 am

roginauld wrote:I'd love to watch some historical battle replays preferably multiplayer with maybe 4 players? I've subscribed to the reform club on U tube and I've been trawling the forums but can't find anything recent. Sorry to be such a noob. Any links or advice?

I don't have the headset and mike yet but I'm interested in getting started although I don't have a clue about it. Is there a dummies guide? I need one with a capital D.

By the by, I had quite an interesting battle of Quatre Bras as a single player against the AI. All was going well and I thrashed the poor old 2nd Netherlands Division then I got to the crossroads and there was nobody there! Far off in the distance some troops were milling about but I foolishly occupied the victory point crossroads farm building and they all routed. Maybe I should have left it alone and they would have turned up for a fight. I read that the AI doesn't work properly for single players.

Roginauld,

Sorry about not having any recent HB battles for you to watch, but The Reform Club's President F5, who also acts as the Club's Vice President; CEO; CFO; COO; Secretary and head janitor, has been on safari for the last month with a bottle of Gin glued to his hand. Now that he is back we should have some new video's for you to watch. I am the only one talented and qualified enough in the group to record our battles, unfortunately, I am limited to only playing our HB's on Sunday's as I am busy during the week saving The Spotted Owl.

As far as your QB Battle. Probably what happened was you took the bldg that is known as the LOC, which automatically triggers a complete enemy rout.
Also regarding your playing the ai in this HB, I do believe that you might have broken a NTW3 HB Code of Conduct.

NTW3 HB Code of Conduct Section 457, Subsection B, Paragraph 4, Line 6 states as follows :

" Thou Shalt Not Play HB's Versus The AI, For Thou Has Sinned A Great Sin. Repent And Only Play HB's With Thy Brethren "

You are more than welcome to join us if you like Roginauld. Although we do play the standard HB's quite different than the rest of the HB community.
You can always join our steam group. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ReformClub
Or you try and steam friend falconfive and let him know you are interested in playing HB's

Also here is the link to the NTW3 HB Club. http://ntwhbclub.freeforums.org/
You can always try and find a game going on with them.

There are HB games going on during the week, so I do believe you can wet your appetite for these magnificent creations.

Good luck,

Z (Chief Military Strategist and Recording Operator for The Reform Club)

Falkonfive
Villein
Villein

Postby Falkonfive » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:41 am

Happy Hogmanay roginaud,

If you are into historical stuff then you can certainly add me on Steam as suggested by Ztrain.......... but look for 'Falkonfive' and not the corrupted version 'falconfive' supplied by Ztrain.

( Ztrain was given the job as the Reform Club's doorman when we found him destitute and drunk in a Chicago doorway dressed as Marshall Ney and about to be committed to the Illinois Institute for the Mentally Deficient........... )

F5

roginauld
Villein
Villein

Postby roginauld » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Excellent I'll check all that out thanks. I had my first NTW3 multiplayer game last night with Lancier. I hadn't seen any on the NTW server up to now but I know when and where to look now. I got steam rollered against the grognards and their Bavarians in particular. My British just wouldn't stand and fight. New tactics needed. I'll post in the multiplayers battle reports. The game looked very good and once I get stiff drink in my hand I'll zoom in to see if there was any stiff upper lip displayed.

TNC SITH
Villein
Villein

Postby TNC SITH » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 pm

HI. lads I ain't new but its be a very long time just got back into NTW III mod so realistic i need learn all units again hope every one well add me through steam for multi practice I havethere is other lads just starting to get back into NTW III take care all..... :biggrin: :lol:

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm

TNC SITH wrote:HI. lads I ain't new but its be a very long time just got back into NTW III mod so realistic i need learn all units again hope every one well add me through steam for multi practice I havethere is other lads just starting to get back into NTW III take care all..... :biggrin: :lol:

Welcome.
What is your Steam ID and what time are you likely to play online?

TNC SITH
Villein
Villein

Postby TNC SITH » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:34 am

Lord Cosak wrote:
TNC SITH wrote:HI. lads I ain't new but its be a very long time just got back into NTW III mod so realistic i need learn all units again hope every one well add me through steam for multi practice I have there is other lads just starting to get back into NTW III take care all..... :biggrin: :lol:

Welcome.
What is your Steam ID and what time are you likely to play online?

[TNC] SITH steam ID UK GMT, 11.00am onwards :smile:

Aijantis
Serf

Postby Aijantis » Wed May 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi everyone

I've played Total War Games since the first Rome came out. About every half year I took Shogun 2 and NTW out to play them a bit (especially after the crap Rome 2). I found your mod just resently and think that it's really nice =)
Anyway, just played the SP campaign with Russia until yet and had some Crashes around Round 90 with 10 Fs Army's. I have to see about the system when I got more time in two weeks.

I'm from Switzerland and live now in Taiwan, witch will be a problem to join HB and most of the community activity's =(
We will see....

Even if I can only play the SP Campaign, I thank u guys for a awesome Mod.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt Sun Tzu

Lord Fullin
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Fullin » Wed May 25, 2016 6:57 pm

welcome , hope to see you in MP soon
Sauve qui peut!' 'Nous sommes trahis!'

oOIYvYIOo
Baronet
Baronet

Postby oOIYvYIOo » Wed May 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Aijantis wrote:Hi everyone

Welcome.
.☠. Lusitani Legio ,Fundator membrum
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOIYvYIOo

Chuckman
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:23 am

Hey guys,
I just noticed I can buy NTW for my Mac. Will the mod work with a Mac
'?
"Don't you know me? I'm Ney! Marshall of France!"

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:34 am

Chuckman wrote:Hey guys,
I just noticed I can buy NTW for my Mac. Will the mod work with a Mac
'?

I think so, Chuckman. There is a Mac-dedicated section on this forum now.
http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=162
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

AndersVonAnderson
Villein
Villein

Postby AndersVonAnderson » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:02 pm

hi guys im new!
im from denmark
and have ben playing total war since empire total war
and love the mod!
whot love to play some Historica battles and other multiplayer battles whit the community

speciale love the focus on realism and can't wait to try playing a historical and accurate experience instead of the boring arcade feeling of the regular game

so if ur looking for and opponent plz contact me on steam

Steam ID AndersVonAnderson

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Hello and welcome

HB are hardly playable in 1v1 (~80 units to manage), few Grognards (including myself) are still playing HB from times to times, so do Templars.

AndersVonAnderson
Villein
Villein

Postby AndersVonAnderson » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:46 pm

awesome if ur gona play call me in

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello, AndersVonAnderson.
There are a couple of battles, which are playable in 1v1 (Gorzsyce, QB 2pm scenario, Austerlitz Pratzen Heights scenario). To find them just explore the menu's. Cheers!
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

geisuper007
Villein
Villein

Postby geisuper007 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi, nice to met you guys, I'm Tek, 21y old, I love games, including this one. I'm Italian, i mostly play on console, famous on Uncharted and Battelfield saga. I'm playing NTW3 7.1b Single Player Campaign () with Papal states (Pontifical) and I have many issues: most important one is the crash.
I'm grateful for your job, u did superb mod! but with last update something going wrong.

When I play battles after 10 min. it crash 60% of time; Multi-Player, SP Campaign... everykind, now i can't end turn in my campaign at end jy 1809
It happened many times but lucky I changed something about strategy-movements of my troops before to end,it worked, but now, change means nothing, I tried but it doesn't work. I saw many reports on Modb site before to download and I confirm, do u know there ll be fix soon?

McB
Villein
Villein

Postby McB » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Hello All,

My name is Gary (McB) im 48 years old. Im not real computer savvy but manage to play Computer games like the Total War series. Im new to the mod play and have had some trouble so I will probably have questions from time to time and look forward to it. Ive had questions for another Forum (Moddb) and got almost no help. Hey, i don't know what i don't no....ya know! :biggrin:
Best Wishes,
McB

Judgey
Villein
Villein

Postby Judgey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Hello All,
I have re-joined here as i have lost my original username/pw lol. I am indeed from back in the day when the likes of Crow, and Lady Meg were around {only names i can think of}, so I am an avid fan of the TW series having started way back in MTW_v1

I am also a member of the TW clan Aggony, some of you may know the name. I love NTW amd would love to play the new NTW3 v71 mod but issues installing it, (I added a couple of you on steam but got no help there). Anyway i shall try again and i hope to see you all soon. I did read of a new NTW3 clan RG, so lets see.

Sloop
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Sloop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:14 am

Judgey,

Lady Meg is mine... someday, so keep your aspirations to reality.

As for your credentials, please identify your ancient identity "original username/pw lol" so I may remember the numerous times I defeated you on the battlefield.

Aggony stirs memories of honor and respect, Salute to Aggony!

Hope you get your game working. The Lordz are the greatest modders in history with the worst marketing in history.

Lupal
Serf

Postby Lupal » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello everyone.

Saw this mod played on Pixellated Apollo's youtube and thought i would check it out. Played one battle so far and was good but i am not very knowledgable.
From Australia so not sure how easy i will find games. (anyone know how they go when the connection bar is red?)

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Welcome,

You should be able to find hosted battle in your afternoon time.

Lupal
Serf

Postby Lupal » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:49 am

Hopefully

Return to “The Tavern”