✯✯✯ General Staff (The Game of Military Tactics & Wargaming System)

Introduce yourself and have your OFF-TOPIC discussions here.
Lord Lancier

✯✯✯ General Staff (The Game of Military Tactics & Wargaming System)

Postby Lord Lancier » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 am

[N]Major(ADC)
(Jan 2015 – Nov 2016): NTW3 Ver 5,(5.1),6
(Sep 2009 – June 2013): NTW2-NTW3 Ver 1,2,3

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Re: ✯✯✯ General Staff (The Game of Military Tactics & Wargaming System)

Postby Lord Liberalis » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Danke.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Hello, this is the best "idea" for a Nap type game I've seen, with the exception of HW. Of course, there is no 3d model soldiers to watch moving around the battlefield, and as far as i can tell, no MP option, but the the feel and quality, and the technical background look exceptionally good. It also looks a bit small scale, not sure if it will ever be able to re-create the WHOLE of a giant battle like many of the Napoleonic ones. Not seen anything to say what size maps and OOBs are possible,

I will keep watch to see if it ever gets to production.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.
http://napbc.freeforums.org/

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:06 am

General Staff wrote:We continue our list of the thirty most desired 18th and 19th century battles (as voted on by you) with numbers sixteen through twenty. All thirty scenarios will ship with General Staff, as well as the Army Editor, the Map Editor and the Scenario Editor to early supporters of General Staff on Kickstarter. After Kickstarter these scenarios, and the software editing suite, will be available as digital downloads (DDL).

http://general-staff.com/free-scenarios ... gh-twenty/
[N]Major(ADC)

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 am

80% of battles are from the US Civil War... Pity.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm

General Staff wrote:✯The General Staff Wargaming System allows users to create armies, maps and battles from the Age of Gunpowder. These can be historical recreations or completely new ‘what if’ scenarios.

The Scenario Editor Module for General Staff allows the user to combine any two armies created in the Army Design Module with any map created in the Map Design Module and create a scenario or battle. In the screen capture before we’ve combined the Allied Anglo-Portuguese Army from the Battle of Albuera (May 16, 1811) as the Blue Army with Napoleon’s Imperial Guard as the Red Army and placed them on a map of our own design.
Also, note that when you slick on a headquarters unit the route, distance and time that a courier will take to deliver orders to the next subordinate unite are displayed. This is just the beginning because General Staff is actually two wargames in one.

✯The Army Design Module allows users to easily create new army Order of Battle Tables that, when combined with a map and another army, become battle scenarios that can be played in the General Staff Wargaming System.

✯We are extremely pleased to link this video describing the General StaffWargaming System Map Design Module that allows users to easily and quickly create their own battlefield maps for use with the system.
The General Staff Scenario Design module allows users to create new battle scenarios by combining any two armies created in the General Staff Army Design module with any map created in the General Staff Map Design module. 

They are only free scenarios for GS Kickstarter supporters (waterloo,austerlitz,borodino,eylau...) if i understood correct i mean the main issue are not these battles but the editors-modules so people can create.

Spoiler: show
https://youtu.be/Bxrmio0H8kA

Lord Cosak wrote:80% of battles are from the US Civil War... Pity.
[N]Major(ADC)

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello Lancier, sure looks a very interesting game.....still not sure MP is included, I still think not, and the other thing that is not clear is the map size and scale of the game, but very interesting. The chap working on this is on a different (better) level than anyone one else I've seen except for JMM......he is a million miles more advanced than CA have been with the TW series.

Dare I say it, he could well be ahead of JMM on the technical side, if not on the scale and MP side of things......and of course he does not have the whole 3d model side of things to worry about, which in fact perhaps gives him a better chance of making a better game and for probably lower spec machines, as no hungry pretty graphics eating away at the PC.ha, some of us always said no need for pretty graphics, looks like someone out there agrees........a great variation of maps, with formation and map editors, with good combat resolution, that is what we need..................

Will sure be interesting to see what the finished game looks like.........I look forward to that.

Still no DT PC here, but as winter approaches the chance of me going out and getting one gets higher........
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Gunner24
Baronet
Baronet

Postby Lord Gunner24 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:13 pm

It could end up being like HW in 2d mode. I often wondered if JMM have dropped the whole 3d side of the game and concentrated on the 2d sode of things more, if it would all have been done and finished by now......

General Staff.........could this be the one ?.
Gunner24
NBC founder 2008-2017.

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Time will tell really Gunner. Just i can say he seems really serious?
I found this page with some info too.
http://general-staff.com/a-tale-of-two-wargames/

Lord Gunner24 wrote:Will sure be interesting to see what the finished game looks like.........I look forward to that.

Still no DT PC here, but as winter approaches the chance of me going out and getting one gets higher........

General Staff.........could this be the one ?.
[N]Major(ADC)

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:55 am

[N]Major(ADC)

Return to “The Tavern”