Napoleonic Board Games.

Introduce yourself and have your OFF-TOPIC discussions here.
apocguy
Yeoman
Yeoman

Napoleonic Board Games.

Postby apocguy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:32 am

Does anyone know of any good Napoleonic board games?

The only game I have found and bought is called Kutuzov (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/20077/kutuzov). I bit off more then I could chew when I bought the game, it is terribly complex and after reading the rule book twice I still have yet to play a game because I am afraid I dont quite understand everything yet.

Kutuzov is about Napoleon's invasion of Russia. I think I may have jumped the gun by buying a game I'll never be able to play. While playing I have to keep track of attrition and morale and various other things.

Does anyone know of any other boardgames? I would like to find something that is less complex and could be played in less then 4 hours.

Tac
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Napoleonic Board Games.

Postby Tac » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:05 am

Speak to Avon m8 hes a veteran table top player.He should be back on the forum or on TS next week.
Otherwise im sure someone else in here will know for sure!

druid
Baronet
Baronet

Postby druid » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:44 am

There was a fantastic counter game of the hundred days capaign called Waterloo. Easy play etc

Check it out on this site, a must for boardy freaks
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5296/waterloo

btw, there are hundreds of Nap board games on this site
Druid
Nerdus Realiticus
"No Wife, no Horse, no Moustache."

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Desaix » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:12 am

Hello apoc,
when speaking about boardgames and napoleon you cannot skip the La BAtaille series by Clash of Arms. Simply the best looking and detailed games of napoleonic battles at battalion level.
But of course this means complicated gameplay with almost a book to learn. Rewarding is though high.

I own almost all titles of the series, sometimes I just deploy units to have a look at the starting position. COunters are just a small piece of art.

apocguy
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby apocguy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:50 am

Ill take a look at that series but I hope to avoid games that are complicated. While I am willing to learn them, I am sure my friends are not. My friends and I normally play simple games like Munckin and Attack! (a more complex Risk). The most complex game we play as a group is Arkham Horror which took a while to learn. When I ask my friends if they will be interested in Kutuzov they give me reluctant responses.

After looking around on boardgamegeek I did find one cool looking game called Napoleon's Triumph. I am thinking of buying it once I get a job.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1809 ... ns-triumph

druid
Baronet
Baronet

Postby druid » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:59 pm

If yr goona buy that why not just invest in tabletop miniature wargames? 5mm to 15mm are excellent and there are many rulesets for any involvement level available
Druid
Nerdus Realiticus

apocguy
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby apocguy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:22 pm

druid wrote:If yr goona buy that why not just invest in tabletop miniature wargames? 5mm to 15mm are excellent and there are many rulesets for any involvement level available

Miniatures seem to be pretty expensive and I am trying to find games that take minimal space/time. I am afraid that if I get involved with miniatures I will begin to collect them in an obsessive manner. My uncle collects LOTR miniatures and have over 2000 and I couldn't imagine trying to keep track of it all.

Looking at more pictures of Napoleon's Triumph I am seriously considering asking Santa for the game. The game also appears to be part of a series and it looks like its preprocessor will be re-printed soon :D Also the maker is making an American Civil War game called Guns of Gettysburg.

apocguy
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby apocguy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:55 pm

druid wrote:If yr goona buy that why not just invest in tabletop miniature wargames? 5mm to 15mm are excellent and there are many rulesets for any involvement level available

What would be a good website for miniature shopping? I can't seem to find anything unless if I look on amazon but then there is a lack of pictures.

druid
Baronet
Baronet

Postby druid » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Check out the magazines first to get a flavour(Miniature wargames etc) but I buy most of mine from Essex miniatures- good army packs, cheapish and sturdy figs.

Also, if you speak to FalconFive, he used to run Battle Honours Miniatures
Druid
Nerdus Realiticus

Lord Lancier

Postby Lord Lancier » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:48 am

Gen.Colbert
NTW3 Ver. 5-6 (Jan.2015 – Nov.2016)
NTW2 & NTW3 Ver. 1-2-3 (Sep.2009 – June.2013)

Return to “The Tavern”