The next total war......Napoleon: Total War

General Discussion on CA's latest expandalone.
Marshal Beale
Gentleman
Gentleman

The next total war......Napoleon: Total War

Postby Marshal Beale » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 am

Its not offical yet but there has been a sneak of info about the next Total war; Napoleon: Total war. I never would have thought that Napoleon would have his own Total War, i always thought that it would be an expansion but I'm not sure if this will be a seperate release or the Empire expansion. We will soon find out.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/53425/t/The-Daily-Update.html?page=4(Scroll to the bottom) This is it below.

Hi guys,

For those of you reading about Napoleon: Total War, an official announcement will be made this week. Please stay tuned for further details at http://www.totalwar.com.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)
Marshal Beale - Creator of Napoleon Order of War and Revolution Order of War

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Re: The next total war......Napoleon: Total War

Postby Lord Liberalis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 am

We have scanned pictures out of a French magazines depicting in-game footage from Napoleon: Total War here: http://www.grognards.org

The Article is in French. They say in it that it will probably be an expansion or DLC, the game has 3 different campaigns. The first will be Napoleon Bonaparte's Italian campaign (1796-1797), the second one is Bonaparte's Egyptian campaign (1798-1801), and the third and last one is off course the Emperor Napoleon's Russian campaign (1812).

In the article they are talks about a new "vocal command system"... I guess that will be very useful for very lazy people... :lol:
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Marshal Beale
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Marshal Beale » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 am

Holy molly!
Amazing and beautiful screens there with napoleon and the Grenadier de la Garde.
I speak a little french but not much!
Amazing pics.
BTW, what does DLC stand for?
Again, stunning graphics.
And this vocal command system, will that work by your voice(sounds like a bug prob to me!)! But I don't know if you can trust these magazines.

Still blown away by those graphics!
It would be great if we could create a new modding team to re do this a and or change anything that needs be, like flags. But it seeems amazing so far! But this is just the beginning!

Lord Sean Cappone
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Sean Cappone » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am

this will be another bad work of CA, only an expansion to stole us other money, for example, none will buy it in the italian comunity (I think tath i will be the only noob tath will buy the expansion), TW are dead.
Between the snowman and the rain, once again, once again love
- L. Cohen -

Marshal Beale
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Marshal Beale » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 pm

I see your point completely, but I have had this disscussion over at NWG and i myself have had contact with CA. I e-mailed them telling them of the complaints of the Napoleonic community of how they thought of Empire TW. They replied saying that they haverecieved many e-mails like mine and they have thoughts how to solve it! So at NWG, we were disscussing this and it is possible that this will be a seperate release to cut clean away from ETW and start fresh. But still more likely to be an expansion. Total War is still excellent in games like RTW and NTW2. Thats why myself and many others will be buying this. But that won't be for over a year! And it will always make the perfect base to be modded upon! It could with a great mod become a work of art. The perfect game!

Lord Sean Cappone
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Sean Cappone » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 pm

lol, u hope in the impossible, u haven't understood tath when Sega bought the TW serie tw become dead? there is no solution to this, the target now is for arcade players and unskilled players tath comes in mp and can win with a simply spam or rush, without a studied game, only with the instinct

THE LAST TW was RTW

The future of TWgames is black for people like us, let's see if I'm not wrong...
Between the snowman and the rain, once again, once again love
- L. Cohen -

Marshal Beale
Gentleman
Gentleman

Postby Marshal Beale » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 am

Sean Cappone wrote:lol, u hope in the impossible, u haven't understood tath when Sega bought the TW serie tw become dead? there is no solution to this, the target now is for arcade players and unskilled players tath comes in mp and can win with a simply spam or rush, without a studied game, only with the instinct

THE LAST TW was RTW

The future of TWgames is black for people like us, let's see if I'm not wrong...

Well, i try to look on the bright side and enjoy what you get!

Field Marshal Blücher
Esquire
Esquire

Postby Field Marshal Blücher » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:20 am

Sean Cappone wrote:The future of TWgames is black for people like us, let's see if I'm not wrong...

Heh, the first time I read this as, "TWgames is for black people like us," and got very confused. :mrgreen: How did you find out the ethnic composition of this forum? :lol:

But I agree. The TW series has been going downhill for a while, and they have basically made minor if any gameplay improvements since Rome.

Oh well, HW:LG is coming out in a month and a half!
Vorwärts!

Return to “Napoleon Total War Vanilla”