Lordz Map Tools for ETW

General Discussion on CA's latest expandalone.
Flavious
Villein
Villein

Re: Lordz Map Tools for ETW

Postby Flavious » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Does anyone know if there's a more elegant and automated way to make sure buildings and objects placed in PnP will appear in their correct locations on the battle map in-game?

I ask because traditionally, PnP object export-to-text files "flip" the Y coordinates of all the object locations. Then it's necessary to manually edit every object in the text file, to reverse the value of its Y coordinate (change every + to a - and vice versa). Then the edited file, once saved, puts the buildings and props where they're supposed to appear.

But I'm working on a map that has many, many, many objects (a rail fence built from hundreds of individual fence pieces, each placed individually). I'm wondering if there's a setting in PnP that I'm overlooking, which would give me the option of changing the Y value of my objects' coordinates so that the export file won't need manual editing.

The options box for "object to text" export does not offer any option to flip or not flip the Y.
Is there another setting somewhere than can accomplish this? Or is there another tool outside of PnP? (For example, I see that the heightmap toop has a button for "Flip Y"). It would be great if the building tool had a button like this, too.

Any thoughts?

Lord Desaix
Lord
Lord

Re: Lordz Map Tools for ETW

Postby Lord Desaix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Don't know if it works because I use my editor for buildings, but if you import in Building tool of Lordz and then export as csv file, you can do all sort of trasformation in excel or calc.

Return to “Napoleon Total War Vanilla”