Multiplayer crash.

NTW3 based multiplayer competitions.
Zahari
Villein
Villein

Multiplayer crash.

Postby Zahari » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 pm

In every multiplayer match, my game crash. It crashes in 10mins sometimes even faster. Its not the case of unit size, graphics or drivers :/ PC specs are okay too, maybe Windows 10 (64 bits) is the case... HELP !

Moopere
Baronet
Baronet

Re: Multiplayer crash.

Postby Moopere » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 am

Even though its an old game, NTW, and certainly NTW3 with all its revised textures, is likely to be straining your PC to its max, unless all your settings are at minimum. This means that any weaknesses in your PC are very likely to show up.

Take some heart, in your diagnosis of the problem, that a lot of folks are running the game without undue issues. I've only had v7.2 crash on me maybe twice, both times in SP and for no apparent reason. It _does_ happen, due to game engine bugs (I think), but it should be pretty rare.

Try running some really massive SP games, 4v4, with 7 computer players, and max out the size of all the armies. See how you get on. If its still crashing then you can probably assume its nothing directly MP related.

On the other hand, if you can run several very large games in SP and its fine, then look at your internet connection - any problems there? Speed, latency, dropouts?
===========================
[NWG] - Napoleonic War Gamers
===========================

Zahari
Villein
Villein

Postby Zahari » Mon May 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Speed, latency etc.. everything is fine, singleplayer battles with huge amount of soldiers are playable. Strange thing is that multiplayer historical battle is not crashing.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Lordz team are trying to clean up the mod from inadequate data.

Although one thing is sure: the Steam overlay really doesn't help with stability. Once deactivated, CTDs occur more seldom.

Marshall Davout
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Marshall Davout » Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 pm

How do I try this out Cosak? Is there some way for me to run the game without the Steam overlay?

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Thu May 04, 2017 7:08 am

Return to “NTW3 Multiplayer Room”