Horse Artillery is pretty bugged in the 7.5 Beta

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Karlsson
Villein
Villein

Horse Artillery is pretty bugged in the 7.5 Beta

Postby Karlsson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:51 am

Something I have noticed has become very consistent in the 7.5 beta is Horse artillery becoming frozen mid-animation, without any other units even moving though it. Whenever I deploy guns in 7.5, usually the Caissons twirl in a circle 360 degrees before finally coming to rest. Often times, one of the caissons becomes frozen mid-animation, effectively neutralizing that unit.

Possible causes:
-I have noticed that the caisson that becomes frozen usually has the reserve gunners out IN FRONT of their gun, so maybe it has something to do with the gunners' paths not being properly defined?
-Maybe its the modified speed at which the guns limber or unlimber, or even the different movement speeds of the guns themselves. Usually it happens to H3 speed Horse gun batteries even while walking, and H2 batteris after running.

Lord Liberalis
Lord
Lord

Re: Horse Artillery is pretty bugged in the 7.5 Beta

Postby Lord Liberalis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:36 pm

On version 7.2 the problem existed, I think this will be corrected by Cosak in the upcoming version.
To save Russia, we have to burn Moscow.

http://www.Grognards.org
http://www.Napoleon-Souvenirs.com

Karlsson
Villein
Villein

Postby Karlsson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes in 7.2 the problem existed but it only happened on bad terrain like forests or cliffs, or when you have units passing thru it. In 7.5 beta, its pretty much a garanteed and happens often on the test map.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

I have played about ten battles on 7.5, with pretty huge amount of horse artillery, and haven't spotted any bug yet.

Please provide a replay or this feedback can't be analyzed.

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”