Mac?

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
jwalter1776
Villein
Villein

Mac?

Postby jwalter1776 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:01 am

I've seen that this may be available for Mac, is this true? If so, would you mind directing me to where I could find the link. If not, is anyone aware of any other NTW mods available for Mac?

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Re: Mac?

Postby Lord Cosak » Mon May 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Lepic should be able to answer this...

Lord Lepic
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon May 08, 2017 4:20 pm

1 - ntw3 is not publicly available for mac and yes a 7.2v test version for mac exists and played
2 - yes there are a lot of ntw mods which will all run on mac as have tested installed and played them np
all the information has been posted within the nwarsmac steam group

jwalter1776
Villein
Villein

Postby jwalter1776 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:32 pm

I have looked in that group and not found any Mac specific instructions for those mods. Do any exist? Or do you use the microsoft instructions?

Lord Lepic
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon May 08, 2017 7:01 pm

then you did not look very hard?

jwalter1776
Villein
Villein

Postby jwalter1776 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:34 pm

http://nwars.forumer.com/topic/346/Napo ... RDHn1MrIy4

This was what I found for Masters of Europe, but it did not include a Mac specific download guide. The guide provided in the link was for MS. I'm assuming there is a difference and have had trouble installing MS Mods on Mac before. Is there a Mac specific guide or Mac specific files that should be downloaded? Thanks for all your help, I know this must be a pain, just something I'd like to attempt to be a part of.

jwalter1776
Villein
Villein

Postby jwalter1776 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Alternatively, any other older NW3 mods that work for Mac

Lord Lepic
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Lepic » Mon May 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Masters of Europe works - i asked permission and offered to post an installation guide + provide the mac files - DECLINED
so sorry all i can do is again state that it works

the ntw3 mac test versions are tested and played within Geants Team internal battles only and is non public

i setup a complete section just for ntw mac mods on the nwars forum for this; http://nwars.forumer.com/forums/75/Mac-OS-X#.WRD96lUrJhE
here you will find everything from unrestricted camera view to removing the hud etc
there are then x2 additional sections at the top as the section title shows
Napoleon Total War MAC Mods Guide
Napoleon Total War MAC Sub Mods Guide

there is north and south mac version which also works np - this is the only non napoleonic ntw mod for mac i have done

jwalter1776
Villein
Villein

Postby jwalter1776 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:30 am

Is there a particular Mod you would recommend. I like the looks of NW3 and Masters of Europe, as well as, La montée de l'Empire. I do not see instructions for how to download for those on http://nwars.forumer.com/forums/75/Mac- ... RD96lUrJhE. Do they follow the same format you provided for the All in One Mod, (see below). If not, are you able to provide more specific instructions? Again, I apologize for continuing to ask questions about this, I just can't seem to figure this out based on the information you have provided. I am new to this so it is probably my own ignorance.

Installation

Download Napoleon All In One Mod pack folder from the download link as below.
Extract the file and you will then see the the Napoleon Total War Mac: Napoleon All In One Mod.pack file.

Napoleon Total War MAC: How to find your data folder location.
Use the Properties option when selecting the game in your Steam client and use the "Browse Local Files" option in the "Local files" tab.
This will always find your game installation location and data folder.

Locate and opened your napoleon\data folder.

Place the Napoleon All In One Mod.pack file you downloaded and extracted into your napoleon\data folder.

When you want to go back to Napoleon Total War Mac: vanilla just remove the Napoleon All In One Mod.pack file from your napoleon\data folder.

Start the game.

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”