New ideas (I hope)

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
kdjorgensen
Villein
Villein

New ideas (I hope)

Postby kdjorgensen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Greetings! I am new to Mod, but definitely an old hat at the game, and I am very grateful to the creators of this Mod that allow me new ways to enjoy this awesome game.
I have a couple of ideas I would like to run by the group that might improve the single player campaign experience over-all. Please bear in mind that while I understand a little bit about computer programming, I am by no means versed in the mechanics that go in to making this mod. I will, therefore, probably suggest things that are just impossible. But, who knows, maybe something good will come of it anyway! Draw swords, and get ready to poke holes in my plans!

1. Ammo counters for the artillery. Dare I hope we can get one counter for both types of ammunition? Or perhaps a counter that changes to reflect which type of ammunition is selected?

2. Re-supply. It was not uncommon for ammunition to be brought up from the rear during a protracted battle. My thought was to create a re-supply point that was put in place at the outset of the fight. This point would use wagons (a unit that could be based on the current horse artillery) to bring different ammunition forward to specific units. Re-supply would be unavailable to armies that are ambushed, and, of course, vulnerable to attack during the battle. I realize this is a complicated suggestion and is unlikely to be added at this time, but I wanted to put it out there anyway, because I think it is a neat idea!

3. The ability to capture enemy guns and add them to your army after the battle! There is no way I'm the first to think of this!? Probably too much to hope for. Still though...

That's all for now. Again, these are just ideas, not a critique. This is an awesome Mod, and I know that there are limits to what can be changed without completely developing an entirely new game. Now, I need to go and put into motion my version of Operation Dragoon (Silly Frenchmen, they never guard the south!).

Sincerely,
Kristian

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Re: New ideas (I hope)

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:10 pm

1. Ammo counters for artillery: we tried for years, with no success, it has been completely removed from the engine
2. I'm not versed in the campaign, can't answer this, maybe it's possible
3. You can use enemy's gun with your crew if men have routed, but it's not really a capture

Thank you for your feedback.

kdjorgensen
Villein
Villein

Postby kdjorgensen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 pm

I knew it was unlikely that only I had thought of those things. Though I have always found that it is prudent to confirm such suspicions! Thanks for the response!

gon1234
Villein
Villein

Postby gon1234 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 am

It is a good idea

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Postby sarge11 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm

OK, maybe a dumb one, so your units can run out of ammunition? How can u tell?

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:20 pm

sarge11 wrote:OK, maybe a dumb one, so your units can run out of ammunition? How can u tell?

NTW engine handles infantry ammunition, but not artillery.

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Postby sarge11 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 pm

OK.... based on your reply your infantry units will not run out, but Artillery will, if that is the case how do you know your artillery is out??

Herrputte
Villein
Villein

Postby Herrputte » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm

no i believce its the othger way around, infantery can be out but not cannons. I have had it myself many times that infantery is suddenly out of ammo.

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”