A thank you and a few suggestions. (SPC)

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Herrputte
Villein
Villein

A thank you and a few suggestions. (SPC)

Postby Herrputte » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:18 am

First of all i would like to thank you chaps for this excellent mod! Well done!

I have been a long time lurker on this forum and have played for maybe five years. Decided i had to register and apart from the above mentioned "thank you" to post a few suggestions i have been thinking of. The last say two years i have only played the single player campaign since its fast to fire up and play a few rounds then off again. I have played most of the nations, most enjoyable for me are the smaller ones who can field only a few armies and then trying to survive. My suggestions is as follows :

1.) When you "make" a protectorate, put in one-two free troops from that region as "gift" from the liberated country. Ofc region specific, if Tatary maybe one Cossack unit, a small one like Oldenburg maybe awards one Militia only. But if liberating the last (and primary) region of a big player like say Spain should be some Guard Cavalry at least.This i have wished for years. I hope it could be possible. Then it would add a whole dimension playing a country like Denmark then ;)

2.) Research times seems a bit odd last update, but i do like it better than before. But would like some tweaking, its inconsistent right now, some advanced ones like steam engine are way to cheap compared to say poverty control laws which was in fact in place in most countries.

3.) Some countries (smaller one-region ones) can have a full stack of ships in harbor andf/or two full stacks of troops but not being active despite free trade nodes and so on until you say give that country one-two extra regions then they suddenly becomes active and do wars and so on (if protectorates at least) , is it intended or is it a "bug"?

I would like to apologize for my english, but its not my native language. And i hope you will continue support this game for many more years, its such an enjoyable mod that makes this sort of outdated game still fresh and "new"!

Lord Davn

Re: A thank you and a few suggestions. (SPC)

Postby Lord Davn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Appreciate the suggestions, we are working on the v73 SPC update atm.

1.) The units granted by the Protectorates are controlled by the AI and my be difficult to change. Many of these new nations can build advanced units to defend themselves if you gift them money and technology. This will build your diplomatic relations with them and free up your garrison forces to continue your campaign in other regions.

2.) Changes were made to the technology trees and research times will be reset in the v7.3 update.

3.) Upgrades to the naval fleets by Commodore Wesley included with the v7.2 release and and you'll see more of them with the v7.3 update. New class of ships for the Swedes & Danes plus more activity in the trade zones. Many a war was fought over trade routes and the Mediterranean will be a busy place for your Admirals & their naval fleets .
“This was their finest hour!” ~Winston Churchill

Herrputte
Villein
Villein

Re: A thank you and a few suggestions. (SPC)

Postby Herrputte » Mon May 01, 2017 4:40 am

4. New question: why cant we build any indiaman? Most nations should be able to build indiamen (or atleast start with one, preferrable already at some historical traderoute)

5. Special unique troops you have from the start but cant build. For example the Swedish Björnsborgs Regiment that you have two of at the beginning. I understand the principle of not beeing able to produce new but in the description of said troop it says you have 2 of 3, wheres the third one? Such things irks me a bit.

I repeat muself, keep up the good work!

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”