NTW 3 Issues - Napoleon.exe can't be found

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
Aussmo
Villein
Villein

NTW 3 Issues - Napoleon.exe can't be found

Postby Aussmo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Hey guys, So I installed NTW3, have it in the right hard-drive, and whenever I launch the shortcut and click on any of the buttons the game crashes with the error that "Windows cannot find '../../../Napoleon.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again." If this is an issue with the scrpiting of the mod, not sure where or how to fix it.. I'm not really 100% sure what the issue is pathing wise, I've tried altering it to the Napolean.exe only to be told thats not an acceptable box, and I've tried running it in admin mode and I've tried different locations within the NTW folder. It seems to wanna create a NTW folder within the NTW folder and install within that if thats the issue then it would seem that it just needs to be unnestled from the second NTW folder. If anyone has any solutions or work around that would be great, really wanna give this one a try.

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Re: NTW 3 Issues - Napoleon.exe can't be found

Postby sarge11 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:03 pm

where exactly to u have it installed

Aussmo
Villein
Villein

Postby Aussmo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Its installed in my Napoleon Total war folder in my gaming hard drive , it seems to like to create a Napoleon total war folder within the vanilla game folder. Its within my steam apps, common, Napoleon Total war, Napoleon Total war, NTW3...

Falschimjagger
Villein
Villein

Postby Falschimjagger » Fri May 19, 2017 3:24 am

Was there a resolution to this post?

I'm trying to install and have the same issue. My path is SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Napoleon Total War/Napoleon Total War/data/NTW3.

Thanks for any help.

Falschimjagger
Villein
Villein

Postby Falschimjagger » Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 pm

So I figured out my problem with the "Windows cannot find..." issue.

As it turns out I had a folder inside a folder. my folder path now looks like this. Steam/steamapps/common/Napoleon Total War/data/NWT3. Before I had a Napoleon Total War/ and then another Napoleon Total War folder. Watch where you install your NTW3 7.2. Hope that helps the next guy.

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”