Historic battles issue

For all info, download links and general discussions on NTW3.
sarge11
Villein
Villein

Historic battles issue

Postby sarge11 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Ive downloaded the new launcher but am having issue with only prussia and GB are available, i click on them and nothing. this is in historic battles any thoughts

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Re: Historic battles issue

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:49 am

Please be more specific, describe what you tried to do.

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Postby sarge11 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:05 pm

trying to play historic battles, when i bring up any battle the only countries that are available to use are prussia and GB. when i click on them to change nothing happens, I thought it was the launcher so i downloaded the newer launcher and it still does the same thing.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:09 am

To play historical battles you have to select a scenario.

But these are really not made to played against the CPU, it's for multiplayer only. The CPU will hardly even move.

Ztrain909
Yeoman
Yeoman

Postby Ztrain909 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Omg! It looks like I'm going to have to do a " how to " video on this subject now too. " How to start an HB."

Man o man, this is getting to be a lot of work.

I better ask for overtime pay from Lepic.

sarge11
Villein
Villein

Postby sarge11 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Its not always as easy as described, but feel free I will watch. I do find that starting steam then starting the NTWIII launcher and making your selection only to have to make the selection again once NTW ver 7.2 starts is a bit odd.

A Wellesley
Villein
Villein

Postby A Wellesley » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:50 am

Hi same Issue here. selecting Historical Battles and selecting like Waterloo opens NTW3 normal screen like Classic Battles. The only option is Prussia and GB you cant change them. I downloaded the new launcher, no change. I would like to practice HBs before joining a Multiplayer because there are some nuances to learn and I want to give my multiplayer partners a good game.

Lord Cosak
Lord
Lord

Postby Lord Cosak » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:13 am

The procedure is right, but when in NTW3, select "Multiplayer" (even if playing alone), then "Scenario".

A Wellesley
Villein
Villein

Postby A Wellesley » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Historical Battles Single Player Step by Step...
Anyway, Im not sure I did this the right way but I got to open one....
Launch NTW3 from the gold 'N' shortcut select Historical Battles, from the select box select Waterloo-NTW opens.
Select Multiplayer, Select Local Network, Select Host Battle (yes, Host the battle from your machine).
Select Scenario. Now you are given about 18 scenarios to choose. I chose Brigade 1 vs 1 because I thought it was the smallest
Give the battle any name. Choose Ultra.
Army setup appears with preset armies for France and GB and you can switch sides. You may need to kick your opponent (CPU France) to see his army.
Wait a long Time...
Click Ready (a countdown appears in the button)
WAIT A LOOOOONG TIIIME!
The game starts immediatly with all troops deployed, but not GB artillery, you must deploy them (Dont know what they were doing all night???)
The Number of units is impressive. My CPU (France) started attacking Fleichermont immediately and his art was already deployed and firing.
I was impressed with the map detail, the scale was a bit cramped (for gameplay) and the buildings where reasonably accurate. Having been to Waterloo twice the accuracy was very good and the unit deployment and detail is very good. You will need to get your KGL into La Haye Saint, your rifles into the sand pit, deploy your lights better and deploy your art "tout suite". Already the French seem to have a deployment advantage at the start of the game?!
You can see your Prussians in the Bois De Paris I guess they cant enter the game until near the end.
Overall Very Good and look forward to playing with hundreds of units when I have a bit more time.

A Wellesley
Villein
Villein

Postby A Wellesley » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Another thing I noticed was the French army is much much bigger than the GB army, with many French units that were attached to Grouchy's 30,000 division chasing the Prussians at the time... odd?

stilgar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby stilgar » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 pm

@ A Wellesley. If you select Historical Battles in NTW3 launcher and then Intro to Historical Battles, you'll load a pdf file describing how the Historical Scenario's were designed and how best to play them. Importantly, HBs are meant to be played in MP. Have fun!
"Постой-ка, брат мусью ..."

Return to “The Napoleonic TW 3 Room”